Russia, a country that is famous for its history, culture, cuisine, and architecture could be a great destination to spend your vacation. With beautiful cities to visit such as St. Petersburg and Moscow, you will not find yourself bored exploring the architecture and culture. So, if you are planning on visiting Russia to spend some quality time with your family then this blog is for you. In this blog, we have discussed in detail the Russian Tourist Visa Requirements.
Visa requirements to travel to Russia:
● You need to produce an original Indian passport which is valid for 6 months. Ensure the passport consists of two blank pages. These blank pages are required for visa stamps.
● Also, don't forget to pin all your old passports as well.
● You have to duly fill out the visa application form from the Russian Federation. Applicants can visit the nearby consulate to fill out the form or can apply online accordingly.
● Then the visa application form needs to be submitted to the Russian consulate or embassy.
● Ensure that the address on the passport matches the residence address you have provided in the form.
● Recent passport photos with size 35mm x 45mm, white background, no border, and should have face coverage of 60% to 80% with semi-matt or matt finish. Make sure that you have not used these photographs anywhere else and they should not be more than 3 months old.
● The cover letter should be written to The visa officer of the Russian Federation Embassy, New Delhi. The cover letter should have details such as the name, passport number, reason for visit, visit duration, and occupation of the applicant. The letter needs to be attested by your competent authority along with a stamp.
● One must also produce a Russian Travel agency confirmation of your visit with the agency's registration details and reference number.
● The essential documents such as air tickets, and hotel tickets need to be produced.
Once all these requirements are met by the applicant, he or she can apply for and receive a visa upon approval from the Russian consulate.