Benin Visa Application procedure
The tourism sector is developing in many countries. With an increase in the number of travelers, many countries are now focusing on developing their tourism sector. The countries in Africa are no different and are concentrating on improving their tourism industry.
Benin is one such West African country that has popular destinations such as the Ouida Museum of History, Temple des Pythons, Fiddjrosse beach, etc. Many visitors are now showing interest in visiting these places. If you are also interested then go through this blog to know more about the Benin Visa policy.
Below are the Benin visa requirements!
Travelers looking forward to visiting Benin in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Benin has various visa options for travelers visiting for different purposes. These are as follows:
- Benin Tourist Visa Services
- Business Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveler and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Benin. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Benin. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
An old passport is also very important to showcase to the authorities of Benin because it represents your travel record. So, in case you are having an old passport, submission is a must in proper condition.
In case you have it, you compulsorily need to showcase it because without it you do not get a visa stamp.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Benin?
Here is a Benin Visa-free countries list:
The citizens of the following countries can visit Benin without a visa for 90 days.
- Nationals of all African Union expect SADR
- Indonesia (Visa-free stay is not for journalists and artists)
The Citizens of the following countries have a 14-day visa-free period.
- Hong Kong
The nationals of China, who are on duty, have a 90-day visa-free period.
Benin has signed a visa waiver agreement with Venezuela but is not yet functional.
Additionally, the diplomats of Brazil, China, France, Cuba, Mexico, India, Iran (for 1 month), Russia, South Korea, Turkey, and Switzerland need no visa.
Individuals who need a visa to enter Benin may opt for an e-Visa. E-Visas are available for stays up to a month (both single and multiple entries) and 90 days for just (multiple entries)!
Benin visa Requirements
The following are the general visa requirements one has to meet to be able to visit Benin.
· One has to submit an original valid passport with a 6-month validity from the date of the trip.
· A passport is issued by the home country and gives some rights and immunities to the beholder of this document in a foreign land.
2. Old passports
· One has to submit old passports as proof of a good travel record.
· So, you should preserve your old passports carefully.
· Two photographs that are not older than 3 months have to be submitted.
· Ensure to take the photographs keeping general guidelines in mind such as no glasses, ears should be visible, and hair nicely combed.
4. Visa Application Form
· The applicant should submit a Benin visa online application or an offline application.
· It should be duly signed.
5. Personal Cover Letter
· This letter should mention details of the traveler including travel purpose, travel dates, and passport details.
6. Original bank Statement
· The last 3 months' bank statements with the seal and signature of the concerned bank officials have to be submitted.
7. Air Tickets
· The air tickets for the to and from journey have to be submitted.
· The hotel bookings for the entire trip have to be submitted as proof of accommodation.
9. Travel Itinerary
· The outline of the daily routine during the trip should be submitted in the form of a travel itinerary.
For a Benin business visa online, the following supporting documents can be submitted:
1. Recommendation letter
· A recommendation letter from any of the institutes such as Chambers of Commerce and Industries or Export Promotion Council of India has to be submitted.
2. Company’s Registration Certification
· The company's registration certificate is issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
· The company’s letter written to the embassy gives details of the businessman.
It is essential to have an idea of the visa requirements and visa procedure before you plan your trip to Benin. If you belong to a country that is eligible for visa-free travel, then you can visit the country without a visa in the given period. If not, apply for your position as early as possible and submit all the essential documents. Once your visa is approved, travel to Benin and splendidly spend your vacation.