Cameroon Visa Application Procedure
Travelling to various parts of the world can be exciting. But one has to have a basic understanding of what are the famous places in the visiting country, sports activities and other tourist attractions of that country before planning on visiting it.
Cameroon is one of the most urbanized countries in Western Africa. Beaches and national parks of the country are visited by many tourists all over the world. Waza National Park, Mount Cameroon, Bimbia Slave Port, etc., are some famous tourist spots one should never miss visiting while travelling to Cameroon.
Travellers looking forward to visiting Cameroon in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Cameroon offers various visa services to different travellers who are travelling to the country for different travel purposes.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveller and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Cameroon. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Cameroon. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
An old passport is also very important to showcase to the authorities of Cameroon because it represents your travel record. So, in case you are having an old passport, submission is a must in proper condition.
In case you have it, you compulsorily need to showcase it because without it you do not get a visa stamp.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Cameroon?
For citizens of certain nations, Cameroon allows a visa-free visit for up to 90 days. Such nations are:
- The Central African Republic
- The Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
Cameroon offers a visa-free visit to China, Turkey, and Italy nationals who carry service or diplomatic passports.
For the citizens of all the other countries, a visa is mandatory to visit Cameroon. The visa requirements of Cameroon are discussed in detail below.
The Cameroon tourist visa services require the following documents:
- The most important document to attain a visa to Cameroon online is a passport.
- The passport is a document issued by the home country ascertaining the citizenship of the traveller.
- The passport provides immunities and certain rights to the beholder when visiting a foreign country.
- So, to get your Cameroon visa to submit a passport with 6 months validity from the date of travel.
- Often visa officials ask for old passports.
- These old passports serve as travel records for the applicant.
- The visa officials after referring to the old passports will approve a visa.
- Hence, if you have any old passports, ensure that they are conserved in a reasonable situation.
- Submit all your old passports along with your current passport.
- Recent Passport size photos have to be submitted.
Visa Application Form
- A filled Cameroon visa application form has to be submitted.
- Fill in all the information as per your true knowledge and avoid any spelling mistakes.
Personal Covering Letter
- The traveller has to submit a personal cover letter.
- The letter should mention the traveller's details such as travelling purpose, passport details, name, travel dates, etc.,
Original bank Statements
- One has to submit original bank statements along with the visa application form as proof of financial stability.
- The bank statements should be of the last 3 months and should be signed and sealed by the bank officials.
- Air tickets are required by visa officials to process the visa application form.
- The air tickets should be for the overall trip and should be confirmed.
- The traveller should submit all the hotel tickets for the trip.
- This is necessary as proof of accommodation.
Certificate of Yellow Fever
- The traveller has to secure a yellow fever certificate from a registered medical supervisor from a legitimate clinic or hospital.
In addition to the above documents, one has to submit the following documents to acquire a business visa for Cameroon.
A recommendation letter from either of the following institutions has to be submitted.
- Chambers of Commerce and Industries under the Indian Government.
- Export Promotion Council of India.
- Commerce Ministry.
Income Tax Documents
- The income tax documents of the traveller for the last 3 years have to be submitted.
Make sure to meet all the visa requirements and await for your visa to be approved.