Belgium Visa Application Procedure
Traveling to a new place can be exciting and daunting as well. Exciting because the trip may turn out to be adventurous and a fun ride. But daunting because of the tedious visa application requirements and procedure. So, to simplify this for you we have provided the visa requirements for visiting Belgium. Have a quick look without any delay.
Below are the Belgium visa requirements!
Travelers looking forward to visiting Belgium in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Belgium lies in the Schengen area and offers the following types of visas to visitors:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Visit Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveler and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Belgium. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Belgium. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Belgium?
The following countries presently can enter Belgium and the Schengen Area without a visa and they are:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- the Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Hong Kong
- the Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- the Republic of Cyprus
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- the Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- the United Arab Emirates
- the United Kingdom
- the United States
- Vatican City
Belgium Visa Requirements
The following are the general visa requirements for Belgium
- A valid and original passport document is essential to visit Belgium.
- The passport should have a minimum of two blank pages with a validity of 6 months from the time of the trip.
- Carry all your old passports for submission at the Belgium consulate.
- Two photographs are a must.
- Ensure to click photos without glasses and the ears should be visible.
- The photographs should be of a matte finish.
- The dimensions of the photographs should be 35X45mm.
- The booked air tickets for the entire trip should be submitted.
- It is a mandatory document for every trip abroad irrespective of the purpose of the visit.
- The travel insurance should be from an authorized insurance dealer.
- The entire trip should be covered under the insurance policy.
- The details in the passport should be mentioned in the travel insurance document.
Other travel documents which are required for various visa types are mentioned below.
To submit a Belgium visa application online, these additional documents are required by the Belgium tourist visa service.
- The bank statements with a seal and signature of the officials of the bank have to be submitted.
- The submitted bank documents should reflect a decent account balance.
- The documents should be original.
Income Tax returns
- The last 3 years' income tax returns should be submitted as financial evidence.
- A documented proof signifying a regular income tax payment has to be submitted.
- This document should have a daily travel plan while in Belgium.
- The hotel vouchers for the entire trip have to be submitted.
- These act as proof of accommodation.
Covering Letter from the Applicant
- A covering letter has to be submitted by the applicant that bears all details such as accommodation information, and the information regarding who is bearing the travel expenses.
- The purpose of the visit and travel dates should be mentioned in the cover letter.
- The details of the passport have to be mentioned.
Business Visa Requirements
Invitation letter From Company
- The letter should contain the designation of the corresponding authority, his/her signature, the company’s name, and the stamp of the company.
- The contact details, travel purposes, sponsorship details, and other documents have to be submitted.
- The letter should be addressed to the Belgium diplomatic mission.
Covering letter from The Company
- The letter should speak about the traveler’s stay in Belgium.
- The company’s and traveler’s details should be written on the company’s letterhead along with an official signature and seal.
- This is necessary to ratify the visit purpose.
- It should be given by the conference organizers and should ratify the traveler’s visit to Belgium.
For the visit visa, in addition to the covering letter, bank statements, income tax returns, and travel insurance, the following additional documents are required.
Invitation Letter from the family or friend
- This is required as it acts as proof of the visit's purpose.
- The letter should be written to the Belgium diplomatic mission and should mention the traveler’s details like travel purpose, traveling dates, the relation between the traveler and invitee, and passport details.
Resident permit and Passport of the Invitee
- A resident permit and Passport copy of the invitee are also required.
For a Belgium student visa online, one has to submit educational certificates as well.