Category: Spain Travel News
Residents of Georgia, Canada and Tunisia are not supposed to enter Spain as all three have been eliminated from the list of epidemiologically safe countries, upon a recommendation of the European Union Council on October 22.
As per the declaration of the Spanish government, the order INT / 657/2020 has applied the recommendation of the council of the European Union of October 22 has been confirmed, amending the list of third countries whose citizens are exempt from SARS-CoV-2 entry restrictions.
Additionally, the government expresses in a press release declaring the decision, “The last section of article 1.1 is introduced wherein feasible denial of entry for reasons of public health even for the categories authorized to enter which will be done after verification by the health authorities wherein it specified that the person doesn’t fulfil the health control requirements for SARS-CoV-2 established by the Ministry of Health.”
Simultaneously, as per the recommendation of the council, Singapore has been included to the list and is now deemed an epidemiologically safe country as of the low numbers of COVID-19 cases marked in the
Also, the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macao have also been included to the list and are now treated as a safe country to enter.
After this announcement, Spain has joined in the list while Denmark and Germany who have already eliminated along with Canadians are not now
With this decision Spain has joined, countries such as Germany and Denmark who have already removed Canadians as travellers eligible to enter their territory restriction-free, announcing the move through decisions published by the relevant Ministries.
Which countries are exempted from Spain’s entry ban on third-country citizens?
Only the citizens belong to the following countries are eligible to enter Spain for non-essential purposes, including tourism from October 22:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
Subject to reciprocity remain the following:
Special Administrative Regions of the People’s Republic of China are;
- Macao SAR
- Hong Kong SA
Like other categories of passengers from the rest of the third-world countries, the below-written countries are eligible to enter Spain, provided that their trip is undertaken as of at least one of the purposes of entry listed below:
- The traveller should have a long-stay visa issued by European Union or Schengen country, and she or he is travelling to reach that particular country
- The traveller is a resident of the EU, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican City State, Schengen Associated States, or San Marino, and can prove it.
- Transportation personnel, sailors and aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out air transport activities.
- He or she should either health professionals or health researchers or an elderly care professional
- Students registered at a university in the European Union of Schengen Member State, who have the corresponding permit or visa along with medical insurance, and are going to the country to study as starting their academic year.
- Highly qualified employees whose work is essential and can’t be postponed or carried out remotely
- Diplomatic and consular personnel, from military, civil protection, international organizations, and members of humanitarian organizations in the exercise of their functions
- Persons travelling for only family reasons
- Also, those are exempt from the entry ban who will fail to present documents while entering.